There is not really a reading list this week it has been a doing week. A week of trying to get up to my neck in C# for the use of Gadgeteer. A great platform but one with a steep learning curve. So if you are reading this and you have any great links then please send them over. the following are a list of tutorials that I have been working through so far, hope that some of them might be handy:
1. http://csharp.net-tutorials.com/ tutorials in C# they go through some of the basics
2. http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorial/CSharp/Lesson01 these seem a bit more helpful
3. http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/14112 the critical as this is the source code for most of the modules on Gadgeteer, this took a while to find
4. http://10rem.net/blog?filterby=Gadgeteer a good blog but allot of the 'coder' types seem to miss out the basic principles, not everyone was born with a computer science background... you need to 'open' yourselves to... please.
5. http://mikedodaro.net/ a good overall but the hardest part for people seems to be the starting.
6. to be honest this has seemed like the best place to start http://www.amazon.co.uk/2010-All-One-Dummies-Computers/dp/0470563486
If any of you have access to source code, previous projects that could be useful then please send them over.
There was also a trip to Nottingham to see Horizon as part of the artefact cafe, we are starting to shape workshops for this project. There is also the loomings of a first report on what I have been looking at and conference posters in the pipeline...
so an interesting place to start... First program that I wrote... didn't quite work :-( , I welcome the feedback from experience if people want to email? But starting to get the hang of it.
using GT = Gadgeteer;
using GTM = Gadgeteer.Modules;
public class Program
// GTM.Module definitions here
//initialize GTM Modules and event handlers here.
button = new Gadgeteer.GHIElectronics.Button(GTM.GHIElectronics.Button);
led7r = new Gadgeteer.GHIElectronics.LED7R(GTM.GHIElectronics.LED7R);
button.ButtonPressed = LED7R.TurnLightOn;
button.ButtonReleased = LED7R.TurnLightOff;
button.ButtonReleased(Gadgeteer.GHIElectronics.Button sender, Gadgeteer.GHIElectronics.Button);
void button.ButtonPressed(Gadgeteer.GHIElectronics.Button sender, Gadgeteer.GHIElectronics.Button);