Simple clear graphical communication and layout
The simple communication of information, products and detail often needs refreshing. It is hard to adopt a graphical style within portfolios, boards or graphic material so it is important to continuously look for graphic inspiration. The following is a list of graphical references, some free some purchased that I use to top up.
1. http://www.magmabooks.com/ (free browse)
a really great place to have a look at topical design and graphical references.
2. http://www.monocle.com/ (£ 45.00 for a year, £5 an issue)
This has great layout, fantastic details of products and combines so many different type faces.
3. http://www.waitrose.com/ (free browse)
Waitrose produce a newspaper style giveaway that is usually well put together.
4. http://www.bookartbookshop.com/ (Shop)
a great shop near brick lane that predominantly produces and distributes custom art books, made by multi-talented local and international makers.
5. http://tinyurl.com/6k3mrjx (books for sale)
The best of brochure design, Rockport. There are many volumes of this book, but they all give an outlook and overview of inspiration.
6. http://www.dafont.com/ (donations)
a donation to download source of typefaces, make sure that you donate to the designer.
7. http://www.2000adonline.com/ (free online)
Look at the communication of comics, they tell very interesting stories and usually communicate well.
8. http://vimeo.com/channels/ideo (free online/moving image)
Ideo do communication so, so well. Have a look at their films; they often use great simple techniques to communicate an amazing concept.
9. http://typographica.org/ (free online)
Everything about typefaces, a fantastic resource.
10. http://www.nobrow.net/category/artist (free online)
11. http://www.vecteezy.com/ (free online)
a great source for vectors and details.
12. http://tinyurl.com/6zquzwv (book for sale)
Great source book for layout and detail for £15… ish
I am sure that there are many more… but these are a great start.